1. Anna Elizabeth Philp born 18 Mar 1857 in Laur (Waltonville), Illinois and died 22 May 1861 at four years of age. She is buried in the
2. Ida Etta Philp born 5 Jul 1859 at the homeplace in Laur and died 17 Aug 1934 of Typhoid at 75 years of age. She married Ichabod
Nigh Newell, son of Asa Blake and Eleanor (Shuttlesworth) Newell, on 23 Jun 1878 in Jefferson Co., Illinois. They were the parents
of two boys and a girl. See the article in the Prairie Historian written about Ida and her neighbors. Ichabod died 19 Jun 1910 at 59
3. Emma Francis Philp was born 1 Oct 1862 in Laur and died 8 Mar 1944. She married Wilburn Neal Dodds on 9 Oct 1881 in Jefferson
Co., Illinois. He was the son of John Dodds, Jr. and Lucy Emeline Kelly. They were the parents of two sons, Harry Dodds
(1876 - 1958) and John Dodds (1882 l- 1973). For many years Wilburn Dodds served as police magistrate of the city of Mt. Vernon and
justice of the peace of Mt. Vernon township. He died 10 Nov 1937 at 82 years of age and Emma died 8 Mar 1944. They are buried
4. CHARLES THOMAS PHILP, my grandfather, was born 23 Dec 1863 on the Homeplace in Laur. He married MERTA MAE PECK on
21 Dec 1898 in Denver, Colorado. Click on his name to see his story and family.
5. James Walter Philp was born 8 Oct 1867 in Laur (Waltonville), Illinois. He married Linnie Ethelyn Gilbert on 23 Nov 1892 in St. Louis,
Mo. Linnie was the daughter of Alvin Gilbert and Anna Melinda Watkins. Walter and Linnie were the parents of two children: Anna Marie (Marie) Philp Carson (1896 - 1967) and Merritt Watkins Philp (1904 - 1964).
Walter died 26 Sep 1942 and Linnie died 15 Feb 1959 and they are both buried in the Knob Prairie Cemetery.
6. Harry Oliver Philp was born 1 Oct 1869 in Laur, Ill. He married Daisy Neal, daughter of Thomas J. and Matilda (Webb) Neal, on
28 Jan 1894 in Franklin Co., Illinois. Dr. Harry Philp was a practicing physician in Benton, Franklin Co., Illinois. He and Daisy had
one child, a son named James N. Philp (1898 - 1963) who lived in St. Louis, Mo.
7. Margaret O. "Maggie" Philp was born 11 Sep 1871 in Laur, Ill. She married George McMeen on 22 Mar 1896 in Franklin Co., Ill. The
moved to Denver, Colorado where George was the Principal of the Myrtle Hill School for many years before they retired in Berkely,
California. They were the parents of two daughters. Maggie died 1 Jul 1946 in Berkely and I don't know George's death date.
8. Mary Philp was born 11 Sep 1871 and died 17 Dec 1873 at 2 years of age. She is buried in the Cyrus Gilbert Cemetery with her
Note: Because of the issue of space, I have had to limit the information on the siblings and their family. I have a lot more on most, so contact me if you are interested. Thanks.